Along The River Stour - Part One
Part One of this superb programme follows the course of the River Stour from Stourhead, through the Blackmore Vale to the Georgian town of Blandford Forum. From a trickling stream to the fury of the flood, it shows the Stour river in a myriad of moods. Such was the importance of the river that in excess of fifty mills once stood on its banks, powering a variety of industries from engineering to flour. Employment was high and directly due to the River Stour - The Strong One.
Bonny Sartin - Singer and writer with the famous Dorset folk group, The Yetties, presents and narrates this fascinating account of life along the river Stour.
- Stunning aerial sequences showing the Stour as few have seen it.
- Interviews and contributions from prominent 'Stour' personalities
- Rare and fascinating archive material
- A sprinkling of William Barnes, topped off with The Yetties at their intrumental best.
- This video was made in conjunction with Dorset Magazine.